Another sneaky vegetable cake the wee ones don't realise is actually a pretty healthy treat. All depends on your view as to what is healthy though I guess, but I put this one in the good category. So long as its not eaten for every meal, although I could and would have when I was pregnant and wished I thought of this version then! Again, I baked this in my bread machine so final results will look a little different, taste is still going to be YUM!
Zucchini Brownie Cake/SliceIngredients
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (from my garden)
- 1/2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or very light olive oil)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a baking/loaf dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the coconut oil, eggs, honey and vanilla. Add zucchini. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
Add dry mixture to the wet zucchini mixture. Stir to combine. Add chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.