Pages

Thursday 5 July 2018

Gardens in the rain

I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen of late, but the garden is still going on beautifully out the front. 
I love visiting the garden during the rain, everything looks so clean and bright against the drab light of an overcast day. 
With the recent winter solstice and the beginning of longer (and soon warmer) days I planted out more seedlings - kale, celery, more beetroot, red onion, tomato, pak choy and more broccoli. Each time I visit I try to get a little more mulch down, its a slow and careful process putting it all in and around new babies.
My gifted sugar cane and cassava have sprouted new growth and I have a solitary winter sunflower hanging about near my beehive.
I also thought I'd share my pretty dinner from last night....Potkin Risotto with pomegranate and feta. Yummo!!
And a couple of jars of sauerkraut I bottled up today....only 2 available $8 each.....if you want some I can do some more, but you'll have to wait, it takes a good 3-4 weeks to ferment this baby.
Have you visited your garden in the rain? What else have you been up to in the garden this winter?










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...